FIND YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Available careers in the Spokane Area
AVAILABLE JOB POSITIONS
Our ideal you is a self-directed, discerning, and passionate creative person who is comfortable taking on a variety of roles and learning new skills. This theoretical you is a thoughtful creator with experience translating client-expressed problems into beautiful solutions that maintain our high standard of unique creative work and continually raise the bar. You also love working as part of a team and are a pro at taking feedback and translating it into the best possible product.
- PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO IN YOUR RESUME —
- Local applicants only or willing to relocate to the Spokane area —
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong conceptual thinking and ability to articulate your ideas
- Exceptional capability with typography, layout, website, and logo design
- Thorough knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to own projects and learn new skills
- Strong personal initiative to complete tasks and knowing when to ask for help
- Ease with clients and a love for your teammates
- Ability to receive constructive criticism with grace and humility
- A sense of humor
Ideally, you have some of the following
- Previous experience designing for the web
- UX design skills
- Illustration skills
- Animation/motion graphics skills
- Understanding of Lean/Agile process
- Experience scoping/pricing design work
- Experience preparing files for print and coordinating with printers
Since we look for multidisciplinary weirdos, any previous experience in these areas is also a plus photography, videography, copywriting, editing, media buying, social media management, project management.
What we offer
- American Dollars
- Treatment believes in fairness and equitable pay that accurately reflects the contributions of each team member. Final salaries will be competitive with other similar jobs in our market and determined based on the final job description, previous experience, and the depth and variety of skill sets the candidate brings to our team.
- Health Insurance
- Simple IRA with employer match
- Paid Holidays, sick days, vacation days, and volunteer days
- Sparkling conversation. Sample topics
- DIY home improvement projects
- Local art and music
- Film and television binges
- Video games and board games. Less frequently the movie The Game and the rapper The Game.
- Endless random historic and cultural asides about Spokane
- Our beloved pets
Under the direction of the Visual Communications Manager and in partnership with the marketing team and key stakeholders of the credit union you will create authentic, engaging content and messaging that resonates with a variety of audiences to promote the credit union’s objectives and values.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to develop communications that:
- Embody and support the CU’s brand and voice
- Are relevant to the appropriate audience(s)
- Use a fitting tone for the topic or situation
- Are suited to the channel or medium
- Developing content strategies and timelines for publishing, ensuring consistency in brand, voice and tone and appropriateness for the target audience
- Creating original content and leveraging applicable content from partners and affiliates, where appropriate
- Developing or adjusting messaging appropriate for the respective channel including web, digital, print, email, social media, radio and TV
- Developing the concept, researching and constructing the CU’s quarterly electronic newsletter
- Generating press releases for events, new hires, etc including interviewing subjects
- Editing / optimizing existing copy for marketing materials, messages, member letters, etc. to ensure clear, compelling, approachable messaging
- Assisting with the development and deployment of the credit union’s crisis communications plans
- Updating and maintaining historical archives of credit union collateral and messaging for internal reference
- Performing other functions that facilitate the objectives of the marketing department such as placing orders, maintaining the department’s filing systems and participating in community events.
- Maintaining an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations of Horizon Credit Union.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Transforms complex information into relatable, easy to understand language for the average consumer and / or team member
- Becomes an expert is the CU’s messaging platforms such as Documatix (external communications) and the Hub (internet)
- Stays informed of industry trends and consumer behavior to generate new ideas for messaging styles and channels
EXPERTISE YOU NEED
Education & Experience
A four-year college degree in communications, journalism, marketing, English and / or related field. Minimum of five years copywriting experience in a formal environment. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of the Office 365 platform and its key applications such as Outlook, Word, Yammer and PowerPoint
- Familiar with the AP Style Guide
- Ability to quickly generate compliant, relevant, branded content
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience of using storytelling in advertising
- Superior grammar, spelling, punctuation and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Quickly adapts to new and changing technology
- Resolves problems with creative and logical thinking
- Exceptionally organized with analytical skills; demonstrated skills in critical thinking, problem-solving and ability to manage changing priorities
- Self-directed, possesses the ability to work independently and equally well with a team
- Experience with SEO a plus
- Financial services experience a plus
- Crisis communications experience a plus
To perform the essential functions of this position an employee must be able to meet the following work place demands: ability to converse with others, detect sound, identify and detect objects, count, read, write, operate a computer, handle and feel objects, reach with hands/arms and be stationary and/or stand and/or move for long periods of time. Occasionally an employee will lift/pull/push and carry up to 25 to 50 pounds, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and be able to maintain balance doing these activities. Position requires sound reasoning, good judgement and ability to apply knowledge toward work activities. The noise level is moderate and typical of a normal office environment. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Horizon Credit Union will provide reasonable accommodation/s to qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, unless such accommodations would cause the employer an undue hardship. To request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
ABOUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential functions and minimum qualifications for this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Job descriptions are not intended nor do they create an employment contract and are subject to change at any time to accommodate business necessity. The Credit Union maintains its status as an at-will employer where applicable. In support of Horizon CU’s goals employees may perform other duties as assigned and all employees are expected to:
- Exemplify our CORE Values.
- Promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Provide our members with the highest quality service.
Do you identify as a storyteller? A social media ninja? A content marketing whiz? If so, come join the best bunch of marketing professionals Spokane has at one of the most recognizable brands in the Inland Northwest, Northern Quest Resort & Casino. The Content Strategist position is tasked with taking Northern Quest’s social media presence into next level territory. Dedicated to social content development and online customer engagement, this position is a key part of the larger Northern Quest Marketing Team.
The Content Strategist (CS) is responsible for developing and implementing the social media content strategy for the Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority (KTEA), which includes but is not limited to Northern Quest Resort & Casino and Kalispel Casino. CS is responsible for developing and administering social media content designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and the company. The successful candidate is also required to collect and analyze data to develop more effective strategies and campaigns. This position necessitates work during standard and non-standard business hours to meet our patrons online when they are active. With social media as a dynamic media channel functioning 24/7/365, this position also requires superior time management skills to ensure Northern Quest is responsive online at various key times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians-Internal Controls and NQRC Policies and Procedures.
- Create, curate, and manage a schedule of relevant content for all company-owned Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms deemed critical
- Demonstrate ability to brainstorm and map out a comprehensive content plan
- Drive strategies that are proven through testing and verification
- Conduct online advocacy for the Tribe’s businesses and open a stream for cross-promotion among them
- Provide strategic and tactical support across the entire organization on content-related matters, including working with all stakeholders to create, implement and track the content strategy for their individual needs
- Develop organizational contacts to implement a proactive process for capturing and creating content for all channels
- Understand and utilize various tools of the trade at an expert level and work with other departmental resources to create brand-appropriate content for all pages
- Monitor consumer sentiments online through social listening and respond to users adequately to grow customer engagement, reach, and followers
- Seek guidance on potential negative or controversial issues from the Director of Public Relations and Director of Marketing
- Integrate with each businesses marketing and advertising strategy, and use social channels to further the goals of all active campaigns (i.e., integrated marketing tactics)
- Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of social media
- Work with the broader Marketing Team to integrate reporting on social media’s success and value to the organization into other departmental reporting structures
- Analyze key metrics and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media strategy to maximize results
- Monitor effective benchmarks and best practices
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective
- Required to manage time effectively for work during non-standard and standard business hours in accordance with Northern Quest’s social strategy and at optimal times for our audience’s active periods.
- May be required to be a panelist for the Internal Review Hearings.
- This job description does not list all the duties of this position. You may be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires a BA in Communications, Journalism, Business, Advertising, Digital Marketing, or related field.
- At least three years of experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, or a related field.
- Direct professional experience navigating social media platforms on behalf of a business, organization, or enterprise
- Demonstrable knowledge of content creation for social media – the ability to select, edit and enhance images using creator tools + write, edit, and compose social media posts in line with strategy, voice, and brand
- Demonstrable knowledge of social responding and application of frontline customer service to online communities
- Individual must be a strong communicator with excellent writing, language, presentation, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable creativity and documented immersion in social media and online activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, and online publishing
- Proficient at content creation for social media – writing, video, photography, design, editing, etc.
- Experience with Adobe CS is required
- Strong knowledge in the use of social publishing tools (i.e., Hootsuite, AgoraPulse, Later)
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics
- Strong knowledge of SEO
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to the analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Must be a self-starter, able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to act as a frontline representative interacting with guests online while exhibiting empathy, patience, and advocacy
- Capacity to steer minute-by-minute online conversations, answer questions intelligently, offer solutions, mediate the conversation, and spark interest in Northern Quest’s offerings at the optimal time pursuant to Northern Quest’s social strategy
- Aptitude to identify new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of both digital and traditional marketing
- Practices superior time management
- Ability to contribute individually and lead, manage or participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to make recommendations and work independently
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Tribal Work Permit.
- Must be willing to sign a legally binding non-competition contract that prohibits activity that directly conflicts with the integrity of Kalispel Tribe Economic Authority’s business interests and its affiliate organizations as specified within the contract for the duration of time listed.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, sometimes on evenings and weekends, pertaining to the position’s needs.
- All candidates are required to complete testing to demonstrate the core functions of this position
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
- This position requires significant amounts of standing or walking.
- This position requires significant local travel and occasional travel outside the local area.
- This position requires the ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
- This position requires substantial amounts of overtime.
Winter Quarter : Jan. 3rd – March 25th
Spring Quarter : April 4th – June 17th
Adjunct Salary (both sections) = $4,669.60
Send resume, portfolio / reel to:
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people across four states and Canada? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the world a better place?
Based in Spokane, WA, KSPS PBS serves audiences from Calgary and Edmonton in Canada to cities and regions across Idaho, Washington, Oregon and Montana. Today, we are building on this platform with an ambitious expansion of our programs and services encompassing high-impact initiatives in education, workforce development, arts and culture, and civic health.
KSPS PBS is looking for an exceptional individual to help communicate these initiatives to general and specific audiences, on the air, online, via earned, owned and paid media. We invite applicants who would like to help lead our initiatives as part of our team of creative and committed professionals.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, team- and detail-oriented professional who is comfortable working on multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment. This person will have a history of developing effective strategies to reach diverse audiences, as well as doing the detailed work of creative execution including writing, digital design and production management.
Summary of Work:
The Promotion/Marketing Manager is responsible for promoting the work of KSPS PBS to general and targeted audiences, including on-air and online content as well as our work in the areas of Education, Arts & Culture, Workforce Development and Civic Health. This position requires significant independent work; has substantial internal management responsibilities; and requires both strategic focus and timely attention to detail. This position interacts with senior management, other staff, volunteers, and the general public. Other responsibilities include developing a marketing plan; writing and producing promos for on-air, online, social media and publications; efficiently purchasing advertising where appropriate; buying advertising where appropriate and team building.
2+ years of relevant professional experience in communications and/or marketing
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations or communications
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
Proven results in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and analytics technologies to engage a diverse audience
Familiarity with digital advertising design and metrics
Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
Ability and desire to work as part of team
Ability to work independently
Identify with and support the mission of KSPS PBS
A commitment to the values of KSPS: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion, Inclusion and Initiative
This is an outstanding opportunity to contribute to a highly effective nonprofit’s team. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health care, 401k, vacation, and life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Salary range: $40,000–$50,000
Zipline B2B Marketing is looking for a Website Designer to join its team. As a Website Designer, you will work to assess client needs, set creative strategy, and deliver modern, goal-focused design solutions for both web and print applications. You may also update WordPress websites, edit photography/videography, and assist with strategic design plans.
We are seeking a team player that is experienced and knowledgeable in digital design best practices and latest trends. You should have a proven ability to anticipate deadlines and outline the strategy necessary to get there. To succeed you must be able to communicate professionally and clearly with our internal team as well as our clients, then prepare functional design solutions that will help accomplish project goals. You will have the opportunity to present your designs both internally and externally; it is imperative that you are able to verbally convey the benefits and reasoning behind the work you produce.
– 3 years proven experience in designing websites and landing pages. Current, online portfolio that shows website design examples. Portfolios lacking web design work will not be considered.
– Experience working within WordPress
– A firm understanding of both web and print design
– Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
– Interest in solving usability issues/conversion optimization problems (UI/UX)
– Ability to thumbnail, prototype, wireframe, and mockup solutions prior to creating your designs
– Ability to communicate and collaborate with team members and clients, including having the ability to present your work
– Ability to organize information simply and elegantly
– Knowledge of current design trends
– Understanding of sales and marketing concepts
– Ability to write short-form, sales-enabled content, including headlines, subheads, and descriptions
– Experience creating brand identities, including logos, collateral materials, and style guides
– Experience creating motion graphics (Premier and After Effects a plus)
– Experience with email marketing platforms
– Experience creating social media marketing campaigns
– Full-time W-2 Position
– Salary $35-45k DOE
– Eligibility for our benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and matched retirement
– We operate using a ROWE style workplace. Employees have the flexibility to choose when and where they work as long as they continue to meet results. We are considering out-of-state remote work applicants, you must be in the United States. For more details please visit https://www.gorowe.com/.
About Zipline B2B Marketing:
Zipline B2B Marketing helps B2B companies that are struggling to fill their pipeline with quality leads generate insatiable demand for their products and services using a unique & proven, laser-focused digital marketing process. Zipline is headquartered in Spokane, Washington with team members across the country who serve clients around the world. We are here to help businesses grow and prosper by connecting those businesses with their ideal clients. It’s important to us that our team emulate Zipline’s core values: Serve, Create, Learn and Share.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please submit a link to your portfolio for our review. Your portfolio must include web design examples to be considered.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Graphic design: 3 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
Job Title: Production & Trafficking Coordinator
Location: Spokane, WA
Employment Type: Full Time
Position Type: Salary
Salary: $42k – $45k DOE and Bonus Opportunities
About Our Team
Power Marketing is a Spokane based advertising agency that specializes in developing digital and traditional media strategies for a variety of brands and industries across the U.S. We are a passionate team of marketers who relentlessly focus on the working relationships we have with our clients and creating advertising strategies that earn results. Our team is caring, smart, and inclusive, and we value collaboration, authenticity, and producing quality work as a collective.
- Coordinate trafficking systems for print, radio, TV, and digital campaigns with media partners, clients, and vendors.
- Assist with proofing advertising copy and creative.
- Assist with digital campaign preparation and setup for multiple clients.
- Assist with client meeting preparation and presentations.
- Assist with new project research.
- Provide general support for the media buying department, digital department, and AE’s.
- 2+ years professional experience (advertising and/or marketing agency or department experience is a bonus)
- Client-service oriented with a team player attitude and the flexibility to manage evolving responsibilities.
- Extremely organized and willing to use processes.
- Strong communicator.
- Analytical and creative abilities along with strong time management skills.
- Solution oriented.
- Interest and excitement to take on a position that may shift and grow as the company evolves.
- Full Medical Benefits (medical, dental and vision)
- Schedule Flexibility
- Hybrid Remote Work Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
If you’re interested in working with a dynamic organization that values creative, ambitious, self-starting, career driven individuals please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Ready to make an impact — and have the most fun of your career?
Welcome to DH — a public relations, advertising and branding agency committed to making the communities we serve more connected, prosperous, just, safe, healthy and joyous.
We work with a diverse list of organizations across the Northwest and beyond, including clients in health care, consumer brands, government, non-profits and more. Our team of 37 consists of brand strategists, public health experts, social justice advocates, community outreach specialists, public affairs professionals, designers and copywriters — not to mention indie authors, paddle boarders, wood workers, painters and freestyle rappers. Because that part of life is just as important as work.
DH is committed to diversity. We foster a culture of inclusivity and respect, encouraging and supporting employees as they bring their whole, authentic selves to our work. Our diverse identities, perspectives and experiences make us better problem-solvers and communicators — making our work more impactful. Culture drives the work we do — and it builds lifelong friendships.
Our headquarters sits in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Spokane, Washington enjoys four beautiful seasons, rich cross-sections of culture and an affordable, caring community to raise families.
We’re committed to making DH a place where people can create the best work of their careers and to make a positive impact on the world. If that sounds like a good fit to you, read on.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
A great opportunity to learn the business, grow your career and work on a range of client accounts and DH initiatives. This position provides support on communications and marketing design for clients ranging from public health outreach to corporate communications. An apprentice works with DH teams on a variety of activities to increase health equity with underserved communities across our state and beyond. They assist with creative activities including writing, editing, research, vendor coordination and work closely with DH team members. An awareness of social justice and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) dynamics is important given the range of audiences and communities we support. A basic understanding of graphic design and adobe software is essential. And, attitude is everything!
- Excellent client/customer service skills
- Proactive communicator, a growth mind-set and lifelong learner
- Understand and promote health equity, social justice and DEI concepts
- Work well independently and with a team
- Strong attention to detail, and focus on quality deliverables
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- Strong creative
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Software’s (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD) & Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel and MS Outlook)
- Basic understanding and ability to learn digital/social platforms
- Adheres to industry and professional code of ethics (PRSA)
- Working toward or recently completed an Associate or Bachelor’s degree in graphic design
- Bilingual a plus
Interested? Learn more and apply today: https://recruiting.paylocity.