FIND YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Available careers in the Spokane Area
AVAILABLE JOB POSITIONS
Who We Are:
At Gonzaga we don’t just state our mission. We live it every day as a Catholic, Jesuit, and humanistic University. It is the reason we exist and the foundation for our purpose: educating students for lives of leadership and service. From students to faculty and staff members, everyone here knows what we stand for – and they know how valuable our mission is to the success of our institution.
Our competitive benefit packages are part of Gonzaga’s commitment to care for the whole person. Packages include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement, tuition benefits, and other University-provided benefits.
We also provide numerous resources which help bring balance to the complexities of work and personal life through our work/life and wellness programs.
The Video Producer serves multimedia needs (primarily video) for the Marketing & Communications Department. The position is resourceful, highly creative and capable of capturing, producing and editing video to tell stories that advance the University’s brand, spread its mission, support enrollment and encourage investment in the University. The position works collaboratively with department leadership and partners for video development, partner projects and projects for major initiatives. Reports to the Senior Director of Marketing and serves as a supervisor and mentor to PT Student Videographer(s). Supports and works in close partnership with MarCom Photography team. The position is responsible for assuring systems are in place to schedule, archive and deliver visual assets.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, or any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• 5-8 years of related work experience.
• Extensive understanding of and demonstrated ability to shoot video in and out of studio settings.
• Superior understanding of how to work with light and sound in video.
• Well-versed in using gimbals and other camera stabilizers to achieve steady shots.
• Superior understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro.
• Proficiency with Adobe After Effects.
• Skilled at producing artistic videography for landscapes, architecture, portraits, stills/objects, journalistic action and sports applications.
• Excellent understanding of Mac operating system and Microsoft Office suite.
• Well-versed in the use of a variety of digital camera types.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to work well in a team atmosphere.
• Must possess own transportation to get to shoot locations on and off campus.
• Must be available to complete shoots at various hours from early morning until late night as needed.
• Strong familiarity with using video-capable DSLR or DSLM camera systems.
• General familiarity with motion-imaging camera systems.
• High-level NLE proficiency/skills.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of customer service.
• Additional skills: Photography, Video animation.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
If interested, please apply at https://gonzaga.peopleadmin.