FIND YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
Available careers in the Spokane Area
AVAILABLE JOB POSITIONS
Northern Quest Resort and Casino, the Northwest’s premier destination resort, is seeking a full time Digital Marketing Coordinator. We are growing and are looking for individuals who want to grow with us!
Summary of Functions
The Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the flow of digital marketing communications for entities under Kalispel Tribal Economic Authority. In addition to maintaining the current volume of those communications, this individual will support the long-term vision and strategic plan for digital marketing evolution. The main responsibilities of this position include creating email and web content and coordinating strategies that will raise the level of customer communication, acquisition and retention in those areas.
- Requires a BA in Marketing, Communications, a new media field or a web/online related proficiency
- At least two years experience in a digital marketing role, advertising or a related field
- Experience with high-volume, fast-paced email campaigns
- HTML understanding is required
- Adept at web content management
- Comfortable with a DSLR type camera and photo editing for content marketing purposes
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to identify new and alternative ways to leverage digital channels
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong knowledge of emerging digital media trends
- Strong knowledge of various device platform
- Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to make recommendations, then work independently on final decision provided by management
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be willing to sign a legally binding non-competition contract that prohibits activity that directly conflicts with the integrity of Kalispel Tribe Economic Authority’s business interests and its affiliate organizations as specified within the contract, for the duration of time listed.
We offer a starting competitive wage with excellent benefits such as:
- Education Tuition Reimbursement – Up to $2,000 per calendar year.
- Vacation and Sick Pay
- Bereavement, Military, Jury Duty, and Native American Customs & Traditions.
- Employee Assistance Plans (EAPs)
- 30% discounts on all Northern Quest Resort and Casino Food Venues and Services
- Discounts on Northern Quest Hotel stays (certain days may not apply)
- Discounts to Kalispel Golf and Country Club
- Discounts for Dealer School training ($200 saving)
- Discounted STA Bus Passes ($8.00 saving)
- Shoes for Crews (at Uniform Room)
- Various other discount programs through cellular phone services, auto repair, fitness centers, etc.
- Wealth Management Solutions – monthly visits from a certified financial planner who can assist with Emergency fund planning, 401(k) investment advice and Budget planning
- Free parking
- Free identity theft resolution services
- Free LUNCH!
- And so much more!!!
Our company Core Values:
- We make people feel special
- Everyone is welcome here
- We take pride in everything we do
- We choose excellence every day
Do you have the same values? If so, come join our winning team!
For further information or to apply online, please visit our website at:
Copy this and paste this URL into a web browser:
We exercise Indian Preference and are a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace, which includes Marijuana, which is not federally recognized.
The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Spouse or descendant of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation
Summary of Functions
Design, produce and coordinate communications and marketing collateral and content for the Kalispel Tribe of Indians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates graphics in support of communication and marketing initiatives.
- Designs and produces flyers, posters, rack cards, brochures, templates, presentations, print layouts, website layouts, social media graphics and digital ads among other deliverables.
- Designs and develops unique brands for different events and internal departments as needed.
- Coordinates with internal departments and teams to meet objectives based on need.
- Responsible for coordinating request details, receiving and implementing feedback and gaining final approval.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, vendors, printers, etc.
- Responsible for completing projects in a timely manner and meeting all required deadlines.
- Manages content of the Kalispel Tribe website and associated websites as needed.
- Writes, edits and/or modifies copy as needed – maintaining a voice consistent with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians.
- Ensures organization, control and protection of company assets including photography, design files and other assets.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent attendance record.
- Ensures compliance with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians – Internal Controls, and Policies and Procedures.
- May be required to be a panelist for the Internal Review Hearings.
- This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. You may be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Constantly requires the ability to give and receive detailed information through verbal communication.
- Constantly requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas of important instructions accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Constantly requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Often requires walking or moving about to accomplish tasks.
- Constantly requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time.
- Occasionally requires ascending or descending stairs or ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasionally requires raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally.
- Occasionally requires stooping or crawling, which entails the use of the lower extremities and back muscles. Infrequently requires crouching.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Local travel is required to Usk, WA and the surrounding Kalispel Tribe Reservation areas. Travel outside of the state is infrequently required. Typical out of state travel time is generally less than a week.
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Design required and two years full-time related experience is strongly preferred.
Experience must be in Graphic Design and production of printed and/or digital materials.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite to include Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is required.
- Must submit to, and pass, an on-site design skills test when applying for this position.
- All work will be performed on the Mac platform, so proficiency in Mac OS is required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft business programs and other computer software.
- Must be able to create and produce design pieces independently and quickly in a short amount of time to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of web design and the ability to provide optimized files for web usage.
- Familiar with video file formats
- Competent typing skills
Strong understanding of the principles of marketing.
- Ability to actively participate in meetings to determine graphic design needs
- Capacity to administer a project from initiation to approval/completion
- Creativity, excellent verbal, writing and editing skills
- Write and deploy compelling, optimized web content
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with department head and team members.
- Skilled in identifying and resolving design issues under pressure conditions.
- Available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to work 4 days per week, 10 hours per day in Usk, WA (transportation options available).
- A working knowledge of After Effects and Premier is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Tribal Work Permit I
The Marketing Coordinator implements promotions, special events and other marketing programs that will result in increased sales and build River Park Square’s market position as a premier destination within the Inland Northwest. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of shopping center events, social media, website up-keep and associated financial responsibility. The Marketing Coordinator will supervise the Concierge Lead and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Concierge department.
This position includes a full suite of benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time. Matching 401K and more!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
SOCIAL MEDIA/DIGITAL MARKETING
- Responsible for all social marketing includes (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the RPS website.
- Implement action plans for the center’s social media marketing.
- Stay informed regarding emerging social media trends.
- Monitor campaign effectiveness through analysis and make recommendations for future campaigns to optimize resources, manage budgets and drive sales for RPS.
- Book and manage all events ensuring that all contracts and liability requirements adhere to RPS specifications.
- Oversee, coordinate and implement promotional activities including all logistics (rent necessary equipment, set-up, takedown, talent, visual merchandisers, etc.) for on-site events.
- Cultivate media relationships.
- Maintain the media database.
- Write effective press releases.
- Be proactive, get the news out.
- Keep records of releases published.
- Write and publish the monthly merchant calendar.
- Coordinate administrative work and procedures with
- Concierge personnel.
- Maintain a marketing collateral file including: company and property bios, photo file, and RPS signage, press releases published, etc.
- Maintain a variety of files and lists including but not limited to local demographics, competition, event files, special event sales reports/results, media lists, ad tear sheets, publicity values, etc.
- Attend all RPS merchant and management staff meetings.
- Administer customer surveys as needed.
- Assemble tenant packets for marketing program and promotions.
- Obtaining merchant response forms in timely manner.
- Assist in coordinating the Gift Card program at RPS, which includes the monitoring of the daily reconciliation printing/monthly reports along with the bank fee reimbursement process.
- Monitor monthly marketing expenses, income and review current status of affected accounts to assist in maintaining a balanced budget.
- Must compile and prepare financial reports and statements as requested.
- Manage one subordinate supervisor who supervises three employees in the Concierge department.
- This position includes “Manager On Duty” responsibilities. When acting as “Manager on Duty”, this position will periodically oversee all aspects of shopping center decision making such as life safety concerns, addressing community and merchant concerns, management of contract services, engineering, public safety, and building services.
- Interviews, hires and directs the work of subordinate employee(s).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to work nights and weekends as required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of marketing principles.
- Adhere to all River Park Square policies and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Acts as a team player sharing responsibility for achievement of goals and objectives.
- Accepts accountability for individual and team performance and productivity.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions to new and existing problems.
- Is flexible in responding to organizational changes and business priorities.
- Responds well to supervision, feedback and redirection.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related field from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and 3 to 5 years experience.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and related technology required. Prior fashion, retail experience, social media and event planning preferred.
- MICROSOFT WORD/EXCEL/PPT/OUTLOOK
- CUSTOMER SERVICES SKILLS – High customer relation skills are required. Must be able to develop customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer. Also requires the ability to anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs; ability to give high priority to customer satisfaction and deal tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion. Ability to get positive results in adverse situations; ability to maintain customer confidence and trust. Ability to respond to changing customer needs in order to prevent unnecessary delays in service.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS – Ability to effectively and clearly communicate (expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken or written word) with fellow associates, vendors and business associates.Ability to negotiate with outside vendors to arrive at contract conclusions that are beneficial to River Park Square. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- REASONING ABILITY – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry (30 pounds), climb ladders or stepstools for the placement of files or other offices supplies/equipment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Community Colleges of Spokane is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Web Writer/Social Media Manager in the Marketing and Public Relations Division.
Under general direction of the Communications Manager, the Web Writer/Social Media Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy and writing content for the websites and social media sites operated by the Community Colleges of Spokane (CCS). This position will develop unique and original social media strategies and content and coordinate social media campaigns to further the goals of CCS, Spokane Community College (SCC) and Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC). This person also will serve as backup to the Communications Manager as needed.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and manage content for CCS, SCC, SFCC and associated web sites and social media sites. Work directly with administrators and campus personnel to gather information for promotion of specific initiatives, programs and services through the web and social media sites. Ensure information is accurate and presented in a manner appropriate for the web and social media. *
- Create work according to web content writing best practices including: Succinct, fact-filled content; Engaging, active tone; Strategic use of subheadings and bulleted lists; Embedded links throughout the text; and Search engine optimization through well-chosen keywords, well-written web page titles, meta tag descriptions, alt tags for images, etc. *
- Edit and proof content created by web content specialists as assigned. *
- Ensure CCS brand and style standards are followed. *
- Check web page content before and after it is published. *
- Establish and lead a Districtwide social media team and a web team to coordinate diverseefforts underway on our campuses. *
- Serve as a social media and website technical expert who provides guidance and support throughout CCS by demonstrating expertise and collaboration on social media and website content. *
- Learn and evaluate the relationship of new communications tools for web and social media. *
- Develop metrics and measurements to determine the effectiveness of website and social media projects and campaigns. *
- Assist with implementation of crisis communication plans using the web and social media following Incident Command protocol and CCS emergency communications procedures. *
- Serve as a back-up to the Communications Manager with press releases, newsletters and emergency communications. *
- Support and advance the CCS strategic plan, and perform other duties as assigned. *
* Indicates this is an essential duty
COMPETENCIES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or another closely related field from an accredited institution OR an equivalent mix of education and experience that demonstrates the candidate meets all competency requirements for this position.
- Four years of experience in social medial development, measurement and writing content for the web and using web content management system.
- Effective web writing style, i.e., succinct, customer-friendly, consistent.
- Expert research, editing and proofreading skills.
- Effective use of search engine optimization techniques.
- Understanding of best practices to fulfill ADA compliance requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure while paying attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading small teams, coaching and informal teaching of web writing or social media skills.
- Acceptance of the responsibility to promote the welfare and best interests of students at all times, with a passion to help students succeed.
- A demonstrable understanding and acceptance of the mission, values, goals and objectives of CCS.
- The ability to perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws, regulations and goals of the institution, and community and technical college system.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and supporting a teaching, learning and working environment that honors diversity, equity and inclusion.
PREFERRED COMPETENCIES (DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience working in a higher education marketing and public relations setting.
- Knowledge of Community Colleges of Spokane, characteristics of the students and region it serves, and the kinds of programs and services it provides.
CONDITIONS/TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
* TOTAL COMPENSATION: $72,018 – $74,670.
Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates and median retirement fund contributions. The actual total will vary depending upon each employee’s enrollment choices.
Person hired must be able to provide acceptable documentation of U.S. Citizenship or lawful authorization to work in the United States. This is an absolute condition of employment. An offer of employment will not carry with it any responsibility or obligation on the part of the District to sponsor an H1-B visa. In addition, the Community Colleges of Spokane maintains a drug-free work environment and prohibits all smoking in the college buildings and state-owned vehicles. Must be able to successfully work in and promote a multicultural work and education environment. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Work is sedentary in nature
- Frequent use of computer and exposure to terminal screens
- Visual focus and strain
- Work involves constant interruptions and requirement to answer on demand questions by phone, in person, or electronically
- Frequent repetitive hand/wrist motions and finger manipulation
- Frequent oral and auditory communication with others
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Contract position
- Position is exempt from Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Requires criminal background check
- Ability to travel locally as well as occasional out-of-town travel
- If using personal vehicle for travel proof of driver’s license and car insurance required
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
To qualify for consideration, applicants must meet required competencies and submit a complete application packet, which includes the following:
- CCS online application.
- Cover letter addressing your qualifications as applied to the responsibilities of this position. *
- Comprehensive resume. *
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.*
- College transcript(s) if applicable – unofficial/copies of transcripts are acceptable for initial application, official copies must be submitted upon acceptance of job offer.
NOTE: All of the above are required to ensure your consideration for this position. The item(s) marked with an asterisk are required attachments to your application prior to submission.
Community Colleges of Spokane does not discriminate in its programs, activities and employment on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, parental status or families with children, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, AIDS/HIV or hepatitis C, honorably discharged veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, use of trained guide dog or service animal by a person with disability, genetic information or any other legally protected category. Please direct all inquiries regarding compliance with access, equal opportunity and/or grievances to the Chief Administration Officer, Community Colleges of Spokane, 501 N. Riverpoint Blvd., PO Box 6000, MS 1004, Spokane WA 99217-6000 or call 509-434-5037; WA Telecommunication Relay Services (TRS) 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.